Here we go.

12 May 2008

Three Tents For Every Pad! (In the tune of Jan & Dean's 'Two Girls For Every Boy')

Let's get the business part out of the way: There's a show tonite @ Sticky Fingerz featuring Stacy Mackey, The Crisco Kids & the much anticipated Buttons. Starts at the usual show time and costs $4.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The camping trip was a success! Roll call: AiLien, Andrew, Rett, Keiko, Collin & Delores. It was a well-blended mesh o' folks. Basically, it was a group of old friends who need to hang out together more.

Highlights include: Laughing, eating (natch), seeing a fox, deer, baby ducks, a pelican-thingy, and a luna moth, and riding around the back of Collin's pick-up truck. The kayaking was fun, but it only made me want to swim, which I was not prepared for.

Lowlights include: The others having to leave after one night. And then me & Andrew having to leave two hours after they all take off because of scary, bad weather.

We made tentative plans to take Rett's parent's boat out to an island on Lake Quachita to camp. WANT! Sounds like big fun! Call us, Rett! I'll bring a wine bottle opener!

Collin pulling his "Dad" face:
Photobucket

Keiko, Collin & Rett. Rett's being corny! Wokka Wokka Wokka!
Photobucket

Andrew, gathering:
Photobucket

Andrew, Collin & Keiko:
Photobucket

An amazing photo of Keiko & Delores:
Photobucket

Just a swangin':
Photobucket

Cute couple photo op:
Photobucket

Delores, Collin & Keiko:
Photobucket

Andrew, Rett:
Photobucket

Keiko, Rett:
Photobucket

Keiko, Rett:
Photobucket

What we came home to:
Photobucket
Photobucket

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still settling into our new arrangement. There are still things everywhere needing to be tossed out or given a place to sit and collect dust. I think I need to go back and purge more more more. I want to simplify, but it's hard to do. Especially when you tack on a special memory to every little thing you own, clutching on to the past with one firm grip. Why do we do this? For the past couple of years, I've been documenting, on camera, my mundane and special moments. For the most part, a photograph helps me remember things I've done with a bit more clarity. Too, photographs are easier to keep up with. I'm willing to care for an archive of photographs than lug around junk that I have no use for. Too, after Victor left this realm, I realized that I didn't have enough photos of our time together. I mean, you'd think five million photos of a friend is enough, but it really isn't. Awwwww, Victor.

I'm trying to keep my "stuff" limited to things I actually use. CK has a "perishables as gifts only" policy. It makes sense! You aren't left with JUNK. Especially if it's a nice cheese or a nice bottle of Champagne!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big ups to Mayumi, our stepmother. She really stepped up when our parents stepped down. Because of her, I say things like "Please" and "Thank you" and "Yes ma'am". Dad being a total figurehead, she ruled behind the scenes. Well, she's been exposed! We know who truly reared us and I'm thankful for it! <3>

No comments:

Blog Archive